Unlike some recipes I’ve seen, this one doesn’t involve a can of pork and beans. That’d be cheating.
|Slow Cooked Pork and Beans||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 20 mins
Slow cooked pork rib steak, with beans and peppers, in a tomato sauce.
- 800g pork rib steak. Just about any pork should do, as long as it’s not sausages
- 4 teaspoons (or so) of Fajita spice mix. (See following post)
- 2 Medium Onions. Chopped finely.
- 2 Peppers. Or a couple of handfuls of mixed chopped peppers.
- 500ml Passata
- 1 300g can Haricot beans in water.
- 2 300g cans of Black eye beans
- Stick everything but the pork and spices in the slow cooker. mix it. Start it warming.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Just enough to keep things from sticking.
- Chop the pork up into bite sized chunks, or what will become bite sized chunks when the connective tissue melts away.
- Shake the spice mix over the pork and roll it around a bit. Don’t worry about it if it’s patchy in distribution.
- Once the oil is hot enough, brown the pork in batches, adding to the slow cooker as you do so. If there’s spare mix left on your chopping board, make sure to stick it in the pan with the last of the meat.
- Once everything is in the slow cooker, mix it through, then cover and cook on low for eight hours. Don’t worry if it seems a bit thick, as the peppers will break down and release more water.
Serve with rice, or something else if you feel like it.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe